we spent 1 year in the public schools and it is probably enough for a
lifetime.  they have great resources and anything to do with football is
first rate, but the core curriculum is just pure garbage.

with regards to the core curriculum, it is not academic but based around
some kind of art therapy and political correctness indoctrination.  i think
it is designed so any kid with an IQ of 70 or better can get an A, which
really isn't much use to the kids on the right side of normal for anglo
saxons on the intelligence scale.

i can imagine, poos, that it would be difficult to teach them anything.
many are too stupid to learn.  others are too drugged up to keep them
subdued to learn.  others have never really done any academic work until
then, so why should they be able to do it then?

the only saving grace is that smart kids learn stuff on their own.  at the
end of the day, the smart kids know stuff and the dumb kids don't.  (which,
btw, is the root cause for why compulsory public education is such a farce.
the smart kids derive no benefit and the dumb kids can't be helped)  the
rest is just so much politics and propaganda.

it may be different where you live.  there is a fantastic disdain for
education and culture here in georgia, so i suppose it could be better in
areas of the country that might actually give a damn about reading and
ciphering.