On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Ed Booher <edboo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It acts sometimes like it's either a key to another lock or is bent or
> something. This may be happening here, as well, if the key has been the only
> key you've used for years, it may no longer be in the correct shape to push
> up the final tumbler, letting the key the rest of the way into the lock.

Another thought I just had .... you may have not gotten the lock into a full
vertical position the last time you locked the trunk. Ergo, the lock *looks*
straight but is off enough that the tumbler pins aren't fully aligned,
keeping the last pin from being able to push into the lock bezel releasing
the tumbler. (The pin is against something solid, so can not move) Have you
tried gently wiggling the key as you push it into the lock in an attempt to
realign the tumblers and get the last pin to "fall" into place?
EdB

--
"I'm a Night Elf Mohawk!" - Mr. T.