It sounds to me like a hot wire is shorted to ground somewhere.  Any
recent work done?  Look there for a pinched wire.  I think that
Illumination: ...control elements is for other driver control lighting
like the ACC panel, shifter light, lights in the dash for the vents,
etc. etc.

First check I'd recommend is measuring resistance to ground with fuse #3
removed at the "feed" side of the fuse terminal (as opposed to the hot
side that is connected to the battery).  If you get zero ohms with the
headlights turned on, then you know you have a hot short.  Work
downstream from there with your ohm meter.

As already discussed the headlamp cleaning units are probably not the
cause because you also need the signal from the window washer circuit
ala the combination switch in the stock; really need the schematic to
see where that hot signal goes prior to reaching the stock or the
headlamp cleaning units.  I happen to have that schematic on my HD, let
me take a look...

Very respectfully,
/s/
LCDR Max Dillon