<<<Now, I always wear a seat belt anyway, and I think it's a good idea to do
so, but I don't think the government has any business forcing me to do so,
since my choice in this matter affects only me.>>>

I assume that if you are seriously injured you have adequate insurance with
a multi-million dollar lifetime maximum?  Alternately you could keep some
sort of cyanide capsule in your mouth so you can kill yourself if you think
you will be so injured.  Otherwise you are planning on the rest of us paying
for your lifetime care if you have a bad accident that costs more than you
can supply through insurance or your family's net worth.  The three young
men I saw in an ICU some years ago all had broken necks [to quads and a
para] 0hey were not planning on having, and if they are still alive they are
but a drop in the bucket of what you have been helping to pay for all these
years.  Actually, the government does not force you to wear a seatbelt.  I
don't have one on now as I sit in my office [in a really twisty chair].
Were I to drive on a public road I would, though, and I am glad you do also.
If you are actively seeking legislation to allow troopers to shoot on scene
anyone badly injured who doesn't have health or accident insurance, maybe I
could support your position.  I have spent many hours in ER rooms as well
with the families of such people.  No, I do not agree that it affects only
you.  You should not be forced to wear a seatbelt, unless you drive on a
public road.
My opinion, anyway.
BillR