Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:36:23 -0400
From: "LarryT" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] sing it again, Sam
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

You wrote<<first responsibility is to its bondholders, its second to its
shareholders,
then (a distant third) to policyholders>>

Not necessarily, IMO.  If the policyholders are treated poorly they will go
elsewhere, if enough are treated poorly - and in your example I assume *all*
would - pretty soon there wouldn't be many customers and the company would
not have many (any?) investors (stockholders) leaving the bondholders
holding the bag.

If *any* company wants to be of value to their shareholders (who are the
owners of the company) the company must be receptive to their customers.
IMO , it doesn't matter if they are for profit or not.   Actually the case
could be made that a non-profit might treat customers worse.

Capitalism *will* work, if the government do-gooders can stay out of it.
The customer will drive the company toward excellence or they will go
elsewhere.   Same with shareholders - people w
ho do their due diligence before buying stock will look at how customers are
treated - because that's the only product the company can provide "service".
If a company has poor rating when dealing with the customer it will perform
poorly - and the stock will also.

Later -
LarryT

OilAnalysis Time?
Looking for Weber Parts or Porsche Posters?
www.youroil.net