Hi Larry,

I still dream about an old 6.3.  I know Jay Leno has one with over 300,000
on the clock, and says it still drives tighter than most cars with less than
50,000.  I haven't driven my old E300 for awhile, but took it for a spin the
other night, and forgot just how solid it is.  It has over 350,000 km on the
clock, and drives WAY tighter than a minivan I just bought which now has
40,000 km on the clock.  Ok, I know an apple and orange comparison, but
still, always amazes me how Mercedes managed to build them so solid!

To me, nothing spells confidence in a product, like a good warranty.  I
think Mercedes has the quality back, but as you say, it's the long term
performance that really speaks to a products quality.  I'd like to see
Mercedes get behind their products a bit more, and show their faith in what
they make, by offering longer warranties.  After all, they are asking us to
part with a good chunk of change for a new one!

S430....I'm sure Mercedes would prefer to forget about that whole period in
their history. hee hee.

Take care Larry.

Ed