From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of LarryT
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 11:05 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel delivery valve job

Hi Max,
I've yet to do my DVs since it's so greatly improved following the MMs -
but the DVS are leaking and need t be changed.  I was considering your
suggestion about doing 1, start the engine, then move to the next one.
When I looked at my 91 300D,  it looks like I need to at least partly
remove the manifold to access the rear 3 or 4 DVs so I'd rather not try
your procedure.

However, you said "Easy to do the procedure right and still have a
problem,"  - that's pretty depressing!  Do it right and STILL have a
problem?  Jeez, what a PITA.

I may have to let the dealer do it if that's the way it is.  I really
don't want to damage the IP!

Please explain how I might follow the torque instructions and *still*
have a problem ---  Or better, how can I follow the instructions and do
it *right* the first time?

Gotta go, my head is spinning.  Time to defornicate...    ;-)

LarryT
91 300D

OilAnalysis Time?
Looking for Weber Parts or Porsche Posters?
www.youroil.net