From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310" <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 11:15 AM
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel delivery valve job

According to my recollection of Marshall Booth's descriptions, it is
possible to follow correct torque procedure (30Nm - release - 30Nm -
release - 35Nm - lockdown) and still warp the IP body, which requires a
re-do.

My idea of doing one at a time (when doing them all) would help you
determine which one had warped the IP body.  I admit I've only rebuilt
all of them at once on two different motors, and on neither motor did I
start the engine between each DV rebuilt.  Both were OM60x engines and
on neither did I have any problems, but a thought experiment lead me to
believe that an engine start to listen to the IP between each DV might
be wise.  Could be either too difficult or worthless if you have the
intake manifold off when you re-start and can't hear anything different
because of the extra noise from the intake openings in the head.

Maybe you should only do the leaking DV's in order to reduce the
possibility of a problem?

-Max
[SNIP]