To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] One bad glow plug spoils the whole bunch?

WILTON wrote:
Several years ago, I needed a strip fuse for my '81 300D (may have been 30A blower fuse). Before calling Rusty or checking with MB stealer, I was passing local VW stealer; pulled in, showed parts guy the pieces of old fuse. He reached behind him to shelf and handed me the exact Bosch replacement for very reasonable price. Check VW dealer for the fuse ('don't know if VW's also use the 80A one).

A quick check of buymbparts.biz shows a $2.40 list and a $1.12 price on the 80A. Buyeuroparts.com shows it for $1.11. If the dealer is going to want $4 and a week's time, who needs MBZ dealers? VW dealers might be worth checking too, as Wilton mentions. Lots of old VWs out there with glow systems that are probably very similar to a late 240d.

Mitch.