Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 06:01:26 -0600
From: Hans Neureiter <diese...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hendrik and Co coming to the US of A in June

Train travel in the US is more like a luxury cruise,except in the DC - NY
City area. Quite expensive and little flexibility.
Also local public transportation is still in very fine print around here.
The best way to sightsee the country is a rental car.
Allthough all rental cars are "Non Smoking" and without ashtrays or
lighters, - but who knows if you dont tell.
Rates are ~ $ 15 a day.
You could combine air travel for long distance and rent wheels locally (LA
to Chicago = ~ 2000 miles or +30 hrs driving).