yes, most are based on reported sales by stealers. I don't know if they intentionally misreport or if it is just stupididity, but many MB prices are off.

In the 70s the NADA book continually showed you could buy a 3-5 year old 220 or 240D for under $2000. I kept thelling the insurance adjusters to go out and buy all those cars they could find and I would sell them for $4000. Nobody ever produced a $2000 220D.