Alex wrote: "I smell another arbitrage opportunity for you, Donald.  Sounds
like they're unlikely to know what the car is worth nor how collectible it is.
The 124 convertible is the modern equivalent of the W111 cabriolet ('68-'71?
280SE).  If prices I see on CL and eBay are any indication, the car should sell
for anywhere from twice to ten times the price of a plain ol' 6-cylinder 124
sedan of the same year--i.e. $10,000 on up."

Boy, I hope they don't think it is worth that much!  I was hoping to pay no
more than $7500 and only that much if it has low miles.  You are right, these
cars are getting very pricey and they are hard to find.  There is one for sale
here in town for $20K and its got 90K miles.  Well, I will keep bugging him
about the car.

Donald H. Snook