Is it? On google maps it looks so small. Might have to get a proper map of the US and then use a ruler to see exactly how big it is. We where going to ask what the average speed in your interstates is? It's 110kmh over here +/- 10%. "striking distance"? hard to let go of the military background, isn't Wilton ;-) I take it you don't go on outings but rather go on 'missions' :-)

Hendrik
who is on a mission to organize a non-regimented visit of the US of A for the purpose of locating areas of interest for the personnel who have not been previously seen th US of A

WILTON wrote:
Rent a car and go wherever you want; don't depend on trains in USA to take you where you wanta go. BTW, the US interstate highway system (Interstates/"Autobahns") can deliver you at 70 - 75 mph (no-stop-cruise) within "striking distance" of anywhere in the "lower 48" states. Don't forget, though, this is a BIG country.

Wilton