mercedes is the jaguar of the 21st century. get a new E class and you are
getting a circa 1975 XJ. it's a travesty, but we've seen it all before.
 my newest benz is a 1992 300E. i cannot ever see getting anything newer,
unless i just hit big money and get some new funky diesel and keep it under
warranty, expecting it to spend more time at the dealer than on the road