I really don't understand why you don't just fix it.  It's a safety system with
proven worth - why not repair it?

Think your insurance company would like to have this thread exchange,
especially post-collision when they are trying to decide to cover a claim or
not?

Tell me how to fix it. Please. The only help I have received is really how to disconnect it and that's it. Is there a way to test the pickups with a multimeter? Being unemployed at the moment I can't afford the $1500 the local Mercedes dealership will charge, I can't afford $250 a piece for sensors I may not need or $300 for a brain box that may have nothing wrong with it. And quite frankly, every time I've driven a car/truck with antilock brakes that have kicked in, it has resulted in unexpected reactions that caused more dangerous situations that it has ever solved so I am not in a huge hurry to fix it. It's a $2000 car at best with 170,000 miles on it.