Yes that is correct only the problem started about a year ago. Who is still looking for rusty lines and leaks in the system.
Mike
On Jun 17, 2010, at 6:39 AM, Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN- ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:

I don't know of a mechanism that would cause the system to lose prime
when hot but then regain prime after it cooled off.  That's not to say
that it doesn't exist, but I'd love to hear how that works.

Let me restate your problem to make sure I understand. 123 turbo diesel
- OM617.952 engine.  Cold engine - fires right up with no priming and
'normal' cranking. Hot engine - no start unless you operate the priming pump. Once running there are no other symptoms (power is fine, mileage is normal, idle is smooth). History of the problem - it has existed for
years.  Seasonal influence - problem is worse in warm months.

Have I got it right?

-Max

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Mike Esh
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:20 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hard start problem returns- Update

Steel pipes and car are very good condition with minimal rust.
I checked all connections on filter assembly and made sure all fittings
had both washers.
O-rings are new on the bolt for the filter. There are two of them, the
lower one is smaller than the upper one.
I hear nothing when operating pump manually.  Could this be allowing
fuel to return when the engine is hot and correct itself as the engine
cools?
No rising oil, I usually add a quart between changes.
Thanks for the input,
Mike