From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com on behalf of Dillon, Meade M CIV
SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310
Sent: Sat 8/28/2010 10:31 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '95 E300 rear suspension overhaul - phase 2

Yes, I can see that dropping a side would help mucho, but doesn't that also
mean dealing with the suspension spring?  I'm trying to avoid taking too much
apart now.  Subframe mounts are planned for phase 3, along with the spring link
(aka lower control arm) bushings.  Funny - I thought from the EPC pictures that
the outer bushing for the spring link was in the link, not in the wheel
carrier, guess I should have looked at the car first.  Oh well, all new parts
much easier to get to and take apart now.

Yes, I did remember to raise the axle to level before tightening.  I'm sure I
could use a vice grips for most of the fasteners in the car, but then I
wouldn't have an excuse to buy more tools!  What a boring tool box: hammer,
vice grips, screw driver, duct tape...

OK, I've got a few house-keeping jobs and then I'm going to tackle the other
side.  It would be really nice if that special 'ring wrench' would be delivered
by FedEx today.

-Max