With a guage - Low pressure or even vacuum on the low pressure side.  On my
Subaru when its evap temp sender wasn't working the low psi side would frost
all the way to the compressor!
-----Original Message-----
From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,
        53310" <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
Sender: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:32:30
To: Mercedes Discussion List<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] AC diagnosis - cause of AC fade-out?

Thanks Loren - I guess Brian's response gives the TS hint - reduced
airflow - if the evap is icing up.  Car is relatively new to me, and at
least two prior repairs (I use the term loosely) were of such low
quality that it wouldn't surprise me if any AC work done was also done
poorly.  I do have a R123 gauge, I would imagine icing inside a line
would show an unusually high high-side pressure?

-Max