From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:58 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] AC diagnosis - cause of AC fade-out?

> I would imagine icing inside a line
> would show an unusually high high-side pressure?

The icing is not inside the line, it's in the airflow path.
If you have enough water inside the system to freeze, you've got a
serious problem!

Airflow naturally reduces when the fan speed goes down, you're looking
for low flow even when on high.

Compressor runs all the time, heat is added (via monovalve) to moderate
the cooling.  That's why "EC" exists as such.

> Applying 12v makes the monovalve go to the full hot position, right?

Not right.

-- Jim