Got the tool last night; it works really well! The right tool for the
job makes like so nice...

http://www.toolsource.com/advanced_search_result.php?search=1&query=m008
5&x=0&y=0

I only had time to do one bushing, which took me about 30 minutes.
We'll see how the other side works out - I'll bet that I can do it
faster than 30 minutes.  This tool has a thrust bearing in the pull side
of the tool, and fit/finish were about 9 out of 10.  The acme threads
were a little rough in the last half of the travel, but after working
the tool over the full range of motion with some nice anti-galling
never-seize paste, it was pretty smooth.  Didn't even need a cheater bar
to extract the old bushing.

Another note, the manual says that for some cars, the dust shield needs
to be loosened and rotated so that the opening for the caliper allows
access for the tool.  On my E300 the dust shield is rusted in place, but
the tool fit fine, so I did all the work of removing the parking brake
shoes and mechanism but in the end didn't need to do that.  Not looking
forward to putting that back together.

I'm going to have to do all this work again on my wagon; planning to
'make' my own puller for the inner bushing of the LCA aka spring link.

-Max