Seller told me where his '79 300SD was sitting (he's currently out of
town) so I drove by it.  The harmonic balancer has come loose and is
currenly sitting on the passenger floorboard.  It appears that the key
has sheared off.  I didn't look at the condition of the driveshaft
because there was about 6" of snow on the hood of the car.

It's a brown/bronze exterior and light brown/tan interior.  The interior
hasn't been kept up.  Front seat bottoms are torn, easiest thing to do
would probably put sheepskin covers on them.  The rest of the interior
needs a thorough detailing.

Paint looks good.  Trim all there and chrome/brightwork shiny.  No
visible rust, except for a tiny bubble down by the rocker on the
driver's side.

Seller also disclosed that the vaccum system doesn't work, and the ACC
doesn't work.

Driver's door latch was very stiff, had to yank it pretty hard to get it
to unlatch and open.

Headlight door on driver's side cracked with a couple of pieces gone.

I might offer him $500 and see where it goes, though I need another
project like a hole in the head.

Allan
--
1983 300D