HP robbing. A new york is ~$250 and takes a lot of HP. A rotary compressor takes less HP and is easily available for a pick and pull for ~$25. Just puck a popular model...accord or camry.

A 115 240D does not have an excess of HP to to waste on a York. The reliability/life cycle of a york is less than a Japanese rotary compressor. The sanyos MB uses typically last for 200-300k miles.

why not just replace it with the proper York compressor? They should be easy to find new/rebuilt/