And to think I was put out that my trailer plate went up to $20 this year...
Local tax is another $5, my insurance company charges nothing for it though.

-Curt

Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 21:40:51 -0600
From: Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] cheap hauling - was: H rated and governors

> E M wrote:

> I won't tell you I bought a minivan a couple of years
> ago. *blush*.  I have little use for such a thing, but I
> wanted to do a few renovations around the house, and figured
> over the next few years, it would be handy.  But you're right,
> hard to justify hauling all the metal around most days, for
> the odd time I carry a few sheets of plywood or drywall home.

It's hard to beat a small utility trailer for occasional hauling
duty.  Less than $1000 _including_ a hitch on the tow car, low
tax, hitch it only when you need it, and even the little ones
have 1000 lb (500 kg) load capacity making it comparable to a
half-ton pickup.

Oh, and the deck is lower so loading/unloading is easier.

I think I just convinced myself!!  I should go buy one!  A
companion for the big one I have already.

--    Philip