It does need to be replaced, but what I was saying is that it blows hard enough
to hear, meaning the heater air temp is higher than that inside the car.

4 miles is a bit long, I'd check to make sure the aux pump is running to
circulate water to the heater core.  If it is not, it takes a long, long time
to heat up, in spite of the fact that the engine temp comes up faster than that.

Peter