There is a chip in the battery that communicates with the laptop that sometimes just dies. Battery is still charged, buts not smart anymore, so it shows as bad. Had that issue with iBook battery. Stopped taking a charge, but tests out as full, so no wonder it will not charge. But try to use it and the thing goes dead in moments. Pop battery in another iBook and it is still fully charged. Dead to me

Clay