A working MB power sunroof is quite pleasant but a manual MB is just as good in
every respect plus I've never heard of or seen an inoperable one...

-Curt

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:32:42 -0700
From: Alex Chamberlain <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] One for Jaime to carry upstairs

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Zoltan Finks <mmmmmsuchpo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I only wish I had a
> manual moonroof.

Ditto here.  Out of half a dozen cars I've owned with sunroofs, the
only ones that never gave any trouble---no leaks or jams---were
manual.  And unlike windows or locks, where I think you can make a
case for power operation as a safety issue (being able to lock all the
doors, or roll a window other than the driver's up or down, without
stretching halfway out of the driver's seat), a manual sunroof, if
designed right, can be operated just as easily as a power one.  On my
'89 BMW 325iX, the control was a simple drop-down crank--half a turn
one way popped up the rear of the roof, and a few turns the other way
slid it back.  On my '80 Saab 900, you grabbed a handle at the front
of the roof, squeezed it together to unlatch it, and then pulled it to
the rear, over your shoulder, much like the motion used to drop the
top on a Miata---a wonderfully straightforward and quick operation.

Alex