The windshield wipers on Jill's 560SL are very loose, but linked
tightly together indicating it's the motor linkage that's on its way
out, that's what's kept this car grounded this very rainy Spring.
Also, until this week the weather has been cold and wet and generally
lousy, almost no top-down weather, especially for the less-than-hardy
like my wife, so I haven't been inspired to work on this car.  (I
haven't even taken the hardtop off of _my_ car yet!)  Anyway, we need
the car so today I started pulling out the interior; I'd better hurry
as the days are already getting shorter!  I can't count the number of
times I've done this particular operation on a 107 now, and it's
getting old...

Mirror, visors, top-rail trim, A-pillar trim.  Glove box liner,
console surround, ACC panel, stereo.  One of the ACC panel's mounting
ears was tearing off again, I used cyanoacrylate glue to re-secure it.
We'll see.  The console surround's rear locating pin was tearing off
again, more glue there.  Pull off light switch knob, 24mm wrench for
light switch hex nut, unscrew parking brake knob.  The parking brake
knob split, as is so common with age.  I pulled out the metal insert
and wiped on a bit of Shoe Goo and re-inserted it, then used a small
MB hose clamp to squeeze it back together as it dried.  We'll see, I've
generally had poor luck repairing these.

10mm socket on long extension for the two knee bolster bolts, T27 torx
screwdriver for the airbag, large Allen socket for the steering wheel.
Three screws hold in the driver's-side under-dash panel, I removed it
and the light so I could put it in the trunk.  Three tiny Philips
screws removed the plastic retainer for the steering wheel brushes,
then I could pull out the instrument cluster.  It unplugs readily,
just beware of flashing the clock power lead against ground!  (I do it
nearly every time and usually blow the fuse.  I did it this time too,
but the fuse somehow survived.)

With the instrument cluster out I grabbed the wiper and wiggled it, I
could see that the intermediate pivot point between the motor and the
arms was coming loose from the car body.  A missing bolt?  Not sure,
and I was out of time to continue.  I suspect that this wiper problem
could be dealt with without removing the dash, but there are other
problems under there too.  I plan to continue with dash removal.
But another day, now it's time for breakfast...

-- Jim