"Make sure you have a taper on the ends of the pins." That's why I file a diagonal - a wedge shape - on the inner surfaces at the ends of my U-shaped unlocking tool/piece of coathanger.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Frederick" <psf...@earthlink.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ignition Switch replacement 91 300D W124

Yes, the tumbler has a single lock, and so does the cover, that's why there are two holes.

Make sure you have a taper on the ends of the pins, otherwise they just stop when you hit the spring(s) and do not release the locks.

The only thing holding the parts in place are the two locking springs, so once you have them correctlty depressed, it comes right out.

Peter