Hmmmm... I'll consider all this.  I'm not getting a full compute on all the
relationship the ALDA has.  "Manifold vacuum"?  seems to be a missing
element on diesels in general, thus the persistent use of "vacuum pumps". I
find a vacuum line going to the IP on my 300D but it only goes to the
shutdown solenoid which seems to have the sole purpose of cutting off fuel
to the IP.

BTW, thanks for teaching us how to spell "stoichiometric" correctly. I can
finally sleep at night. It's one of those words you can speak but can't
spell.

While a diesel doesn't use a fuel/air externally mixed charge like gassers,
and I concede discussions in the diesel world don't focus on "stoichiometirc
ratio", it still factors into the "injected fuel charge/air mix ratio that
happens in the cylinder.  Since it happens in the cylinder it would be more
difficult to measure, but I contend it still happens, as a necessity to even
support combustion. To prove that point, take off the air intake and place a
flat plate over it, cutting off air... engine stops... or cut off fuel...
engine stops.. you need both, in a set ratio to sustain combustion.  The
better you do it.. the more power you extract per piston stroke and the
smoother it runs.

Since air that has been heated to the fuels flash point by compression is
the "spark plug" in Rudolphs design, how much fuel injected strongly
influences the flame generated. To little and you get a weak "bang", to much
and it perhaps fails to light off because the droplet size reforms to liquid
under pressure [as examples]. It seems the ALDA factors all those extremes
into it's operation to keep engine load in match with fuel supplied by IP.

Would be interesting to find some lab data or research data on diesels at
low speed to support your comments about low speed running. I'll dig
further.

Thanks for stimulation of the old brain cells.

Grant...
AZ