I can't remember what was on the 124 wagon, but they were NOT Teves, so they may have been Bendix. The ATE calipers are what I call the "standard" brake pad for MB, VW and more. Two little pins hold in the retainer spring, and pads. The pads come out the front (on the front axle) with the caliper mounted.

Any other brand of caliper uses a different system, and i believe all others have to have the caliper removed, or part of the caliper removed to get to the pads.

There is some sort of little stamp, maybe 11/2" dia or so on these. I cannot remember which stamp is which though.

--R