They can also only pressurize the radiator.

Its also possible to have coolant in the cyl with no oil/coolant mixing.

At 01:49 PM 11/24/2005, you wrote:
Hans Neureiter wrote:
> I had my share of blown headgaskets. Since Brian does not know when and how
> whatever happened, one sure way to tell if it is the gasket is to look at
> the oil and the coolant. If the gasket went, there will be oil in the
> coolant (scum in the reservoir)and/or water in the oil (milky looking scum
> on the dipstick).

Not always. I have had head gaskets blown where there was NO cross
contamination or even loss of either fluid. It's possible for a gasket
to simply blow out between adjacent cylinders!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi