Happy Thanksgiving

car is a 1977 300D. Been about 50k miles a little over a year since I changed out speedo cable.

Got in car this morn and going down road noticed nothing happened. No speed, no trip odometer (tried zeroing in) movement, no main mileage odometer movement. This was right after starting the vehicle. We had a wicked yankee clipper come through yesterday so I figured maybe things froze up. Got the cabin nice and toasty and ran the piss out of the car on the express way for about 15 miles. No go.

Symptoms seem to indicate speedo cable. Do they only last 50k miles. Last time I did the cable I had the odometer sent off to have serviced. Any thoughts please.

Regards Tom Scordato
1977 300D 262K miles
1979 240D 26K miles