WILTON wrote:
Oh, I really messed it up!  I meant VEGA, VEGA!

I believe the 1977 Vega had the 2.5L Iron Duke engine that was still going strong in my 210kmi Citation. Still not as solid a car/drivetrain as a Nova though.

Most of the earlier aluminum engine Vegas did OK until the first time they overheated. Unfortunately for my brother, the first time he badly overheated his 1973 Vega GT was in the summer of 1973. He arrived at our house with a radiator full of beer, being the only liquid he had with him in quantity when it boiled over. It was a 'fill the oil and check the gas' car for the remainder of its none too long life.

Mitch.