WILTON wrote:
Was Citation the "cheap" little Cadillac? If not, what was that POS called, other than POS, that is?

Oh, and the Citation/Omega/Phoenix/Skylark was the 1980 FWD replacement for the old RWD Nova/Omega/Phoenix/Skylark.

My dad had a 1977 Nova that he sold at about 150,000 miles as a good running, decent looking car. Got about 22mpg. 250 six, three on the tree. Pinged a bit and dieseled like crazy if you put regular unleaded in it. Ran fine on premium unleaded.

I had a pre-owned 1980 Citation that I drove to the junkyard at about 210,000 miles. I think I got $20 and kept the wheels, battery and headlights. Looking back on it, I probably got took when I sold it. Got about 38mpg, and was lighter/quicker/much better handling than the Nova.

Mitch.