"they're not for saying - Look at me, I;ve got a gun, you;d better
listen"

Right. In MO that's a crime called brandishing. AND if the bad guy THEN
pulls out a gun and you shoot him in self-defense, YOU go
to jail for escalating the situation.

5 reasons to use deadly force:

1. Rape
2. Kidnap
3. Arson of an occupied building
4. trying to kill you
5. SERIOUS damage to life and limb (poking your eyeballs out)

Other than that, carry pepper spray or have a good right hook.

Also the issue of public places vs "castle doctrine" come into
play here. If you can run away, RUN. If you can't, then you are
justified (see above). In your house, you USUALLY are not required
to run (castle doctrine) - in SOME states you are required to run.

MO is very strange about this point. You can shoot people AS
they are breaking your door down, but NOT once inside, unless
one of the 5 above conditions exist. If they sit down to make
a ham sandwich after breaking your door down with crowbars, then
you just have to wait for 911...strange.

For 99% percent of instances, if you are not being raped, killed
or kidnapped, you cannot shoot and better keep your gun in your
pocket and run if you can.

Chris

Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  Yep - my wife and I both have CCW permits and have
talked about that very
thing - we would never pull our weapons unless we were prepared to shoot -
they're not for saying - Look at me, I;ve got a gun, you;d better listen -
if the situation gets to the point that the gun comes out, especially if
confronting someone with a gun who has already fired on people - you gotta
be ready to shoot, not talk.

Too bad though - he wanted to help --

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB)