I'd say well over 90% chance that the problem is with brake band #2, either loose, busted, or the piston that works it is busted.

B2 piston should be relatively easy in a W116/W126.
A bit harder to get out in a W123, and from what I've heard a real pain in a W201, because the bigger cars have more room to work on the side of the trans.

If the problem is a more rare loose B2 adjusting screw, should be very easy.

If the problem is the very rare broken B2 band, I hope you like disassembling transmissions, installing used transmissions of unknown quality, or paying for rebuilt transmissions.

Mitch.