Don't you want to drive it? I would either get there and drive it back or
take the wife along and caravan back just so I could try it out!

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:06 PM
To: Diesel List
Subject: [MBZ] Bought a 190D, now what?

So I bought an '85 190D 2.2l 5spd. Its in New Jersey, I'm in MA. Theres a
couple ways to go retrieve it.
  Travel down w/no car and drive it back.
  Drive down with my wife and caravan back.
  Drive the truck down and somehow tow it back.

  My truck is a '96 Dodge Dakota, the 190D is definately within its limits
for towing. I'm thinking a tow dolly would be very practical for this but
I've never used one before. Is there anything I need to consider in dollying
the car? Would I need to drop the driveshaft or something like that? Its
nearly 400 miles I'll need to travel.

  Thanks
  Curt