As fun as it is to drive a new (to you) car. Driving a used vehicle
you just bought 400 miles is not my idea of enjoyment. Every car I buy
that isn't in my "comfort" radius is not driven home. I always want to
make sure that I, myself, am not the cause of some major repair bill
because I wasn't patient about jumping in and taking off. Making
required checks isn't really "PC" to do in the PO's driveway. Plus,
personally, I take the vehicle to a qualified Brand mechanic to do
immediate fluid exchanges before such use as well. That way if there
is something major I find out about it before I drive a rod through
the block.

By these are just my own personal paranoias.

--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.