I assume this is a turbo 617 diesel because it has the engine shocks.  As I
recall, the shocks only damp engine motion during starting and, especially,
shut down.  They should have practically no effect on a running engine.  So
I'd recommend a good look at the motor mounts; these are cheap enough but a
bit harder to change on a turbo engine (because of all the other stuff on
the right side of the motor).  If your motor shakes a lot at idle, suspect
unbalanced (maybe bad) injectors or the damper bolt in the IP (a cheap and
easy fix).  But if your engine is really hitting the frame, your mounts have
got to be bad.

Scott

Russ W.

On 1/16/2012 4:38 PM, Rick Knoble wrote:

> Okay. SWMBO MB engine is bouncing off the frame and making all kinds of
racket.
> I interpret this to mean in needs engine shocks. What else do I need to
change with them?
> Motor mounts aren't too pricey. Neither are the shock mount hardware kits.
However,