because they love doing it. When companies cease to make money they cease to be
companies then then no new DVDs get produced. So some level of protection makes
sense.
-Curt Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:08:49 -0700
From: Lee Einer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Another video, this time with pontoon and /8 aka

On Linux, I believe it is verboten to even have the software to play the DVDs, as DeCSS descrambles the encryption code.

Ridiculous, as I should have a right to view DVDs I own on a PC or laptop which I own.

The RIAA and their thugs are so nazi-like about this, and the US courts so whipped, that one group even got sued for printing the DeCSS source code on tee shirts.

Lee