I haven't followed this thread but ...  When my 82 300SD has same symptoms
the cure was new glow plugs.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of glenn brown
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:09 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] no change after I changed the #4 & 5 fuel injectors

I started and ran my '85 300TD a little while ago and it still has a rough
idle and smokes upon a cold startup, but warms up in 2-3 min. and then the
idle is as smooth as an old diesel will get and the smoking ceases, so
there's no change after I changed the #4 & 5 fuel injectors yesterday.  Next
step?

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC