Bob,

All that and I haven't even hired you as my PR guy.........

I've been involved in planning quite a few MBCA events. It's my experience the time line for obtaining sponsorship is quite long, at least next year's budget. Companies want to know what the payback/ exposure is and don't generally open their wallets easily.

As to MBUSA or MBCA sponsorship...
MBCA has shied away from investing member dues in non-club events. A friend of mine (MBCA member) who races 190E-16V's was not successful in gaining support.

MBUSA would (IMHO) not be interested in it, unless specific cars and owners (like a 300SL or high mileage cars that could emphasize MB quality and durability) could bring some "wow" factors into future advertising. The multi-marque inclusive field might be a real negative factor.

Other friends of mine are planning on running the 2006 Carrera Panamerica race in a 60-something 220Se (I think) and haven't found a way to get some financial support.

All that said, I'd be happy to follow up on this with Frank and others if some plans (at least in firm Jello) are developed.

As for me, I think I'll take my high-mileage 300SD to StarFest2006 in Las Vegas and run the road course Time Trials there.

Take care,

Chuck