excellent ideas Bob. let us know what you find  out. Sponsors are going to want
to know about exposure, so having an  article or two lined up will help...at
least to mention to prospective  sponsors what we are working on, even if they
are not definite yet.

  How many people do the Copperstate 1000? That might be a key difference.

  Chris

Bob Rentfro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Chris mentioned:

"but we could still advertise the list with magnets on our cars...without
the list we'd all be on our own."

They do a thing out here each year, the Copperstate 1000 (or something like
that), which is not a rally...it's just vintage cars going roundy roundy in
Arizona. They have sponsors galore. I'd bet we'd be surprised at the
sponsors we could get. We'd have to think "outside the box". I will get in
touch with those Copperstate dudes and ask them how they go about getting
sponsors for something that isn't a race or a rally. I'm sure they have good
ideas and methods. Our possibilities could be Mobil 1, Hengst/Mann Filters,
Bosch, Michelin, etc. Could go into REI (camping gear) and stuff like that.
I'm sure, once we get something tenativly hammered out, Chuck would be happy
to speak to Mr. Frank Barrett. Chuck is a very benevolent, diplomatic human.

Bob Rentfro (studying route to Deadhorse)
'77 300D 144K
Litchfield Park, AZ

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 210K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

 Yahoo! Personals