Yep, and power mikes are readily available for them. I've run the 510 and
520 for years, been very happy with them.

The difference in receiver sensitivity between my Uniden 510 and
the similar-looking Rat Shack CB that I use upstairs (to communicate
with our shooting range at parties, I just take down the handheld
RS CB that I bought years ago) is remarkable.

The Unidens are in the vehicles, the crappy stuff stays home.

I've had a lot of trouble getting two Unidens that work right, but
that's because it turned out that I bought some badly-abused specimens.
One was flooded, another had a cracked PC board. I've had bad aftermarket
echo mikes crap out, and speaker wires have broken.  But I think I've
finally got a set of two or three that are solid.  I'm absolutely
convinced that the radios were not at fault, and that it was abuse
that caused the problems.  Kept buying them, didn't I?

Watch out for what you buy at pawn shops!  (True of everything and
everyplace, really, used or not.)

-- Jim