Another thought about older MB's; 124's and 126's., I have an 84 300CD and
a '87 300SDL, with fairly high mileage on both.  Since I have owned them I
have not driven them hard at all, barely ever hitting 75mph.  Would it be
bad for the engines to just start driving them faster and harder??  Should
there be a "breakin" period, say driving a little faster gradually?  Just
wanting to do the best for these beauties.
Ralph '84 300CD
         '87 300SDL