I hope I don't have to deal with that issue. I would have a problem. My poor old diesel won't stop unless I get out and push the lever under the hood. I might have to look for a pole to put the front bumper against and leave it in gear to keep the revs down while I got out to stop it.

Randy who needs to fix the da*ned thing

I always like having the old diesels unhooked. That way I could push the start button in, lock the steering, take the key, lock the doors and walk away leaving it idle. The car was secure, un-maneuverable, and stayed warm in the winter for a short stop.

I took a VW K-G hood cable, mounted it under the dash, and fastened the cable in where the shutoff was supposed to be. If I wanted to, then I could pull the knob and shut er down. Works great! Much better than the factory start-stop.

190Dc
200D