On 30/10/2012 1:46 PM, Gerry Archer wrote:
Agreed, and if you can't find a piece of brass bar stock, a piece of brass pipe also works well. Hexagon shapes would probably work better but I've never seen any around here.
Gerry

From: "Michael Canfield" <slozuk...@gmail.com>
I found a 1"x 8" hexagonal piece of brass bar stock that I use for bearing
races.  If I keep the end nice and square the points work very well for
getting into the relief in the hub and driving out the race.  I have
another similarly sized round piece for putting them back in. Makes them a
breeze, front or rear.

Or, have a look at some place like HF or F and F or ??? for brass punches.
I know I am able to get them here at our local equivalent of those kind of store for a reasonable price.

And, I trust we all know why we want a brass punch.
If you don't know and are afraid to ask, it is because bearings tend to be real hard and shatter if one pounds on them with something hard. So, the soft brass will budge them without breaking them.

Randy