#1 Only use full-throttle when merging onto the interstate. #2 Find traffic-less sections of the interstate, stop on the shoulder, do full-throttle acceleration up to speed limit (or beyond, if you dare :) ), repeat. This would reduce carbon buildup on the injectors, rings, and valves which could be lowering your fuel econ.

Have you pop tested the injectors? Spray pattern, weak nozzle pressure, or uneven pop pressures could lower fuel economy also.

Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'98 ML320 "Max" (159,xxx mi)