I used my signed personal copy of John's book to do my research when I was
looking at these cars.  For some reason, there are just tons of 75s and 76s
around this area.  I'll bet there are a few on CL in Tampa right now.

Nearly every one I looked at would have needed all of the engine compartment
rubber bits, mainly all the little fuel ones, replaced due to heat damage.
When I would inspect these cars I was afraid to touch any of them for fear one
would crack and the resulting fuel leak would make the thing go up in flames.

Dan