On 24/01/2013 11:38 AM, Tim C wrote:
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca> wrote:

How about upgrading the version of Win7 to Pro?
I have not done so, but I am told that the older programs can be run under
Win7 if one has the correct version.

I did not know it was linked to "Pro" [only version I have] but it is true
that there is a compatibility mode; in some cases it is even automatic.  It
works pretty well, except for some rogue programs that are defined to look
in random places. (I had one Windows 98 program that was looking in an odd
place for a file, I don't even remember what it was but just something to
keep in mind.)

If you mention a program name I can maybe try it out?

I have found 7 to run significantly faster, on the same hardware as XP.

Thanks,
-Tim

The program I was using was Omniform 5.1 version if I recall correctly.

I cannot buy a new version as the company got bought up by Nuance (again if I recall correctly). They have rolled it into some other program and although I have bought a couple of versions of it, I have never been able to make it work like the old one did. I don't know if that is just me and I have not given it enough effort or what but it is frustrating as the old version was useful. I could scan an existing paper form and turn it into a document that I could fill in the blanks on and print.
Useful for a lawyer.

Randy